Friday, September 30, 2016

Reflections on ONE NIGHT @ THE CALL CENTER

Ever since I understood the meaning of success, I always tried to achieve it. In fact, I lured for it. Longing for success is easy, but it's hard as hell when you really go out there on a field to achieve it. When you try to accelerate towards the success, there will be a number of obstacles that will try to stop you. And it's the natural thing. As Newton said,  for every force there is an equal and opposite force. Harder the effort you put to achieve success, harder the barriers will try to stop you.
I'll give you an example to tell you how hard it really is to achieve success than imagining achieve it.
Once I had to go to Bardibas of Mahottari to attend a seminar there. As I have never been there, I planned to sort it out by asking someone who knew the directions. So I asked this one person who has been there before.
He gave me easy directions. He said like 'just get a taxi to go to the bus stop first. When you are at bus park, find a ticket counter and buy a ticket for the bus that goes to Janakpur. Get on the bus and enjoy your journey. But remember you have to get off at Bardibas. It's simple as that." As he finished I was already going to Bardibas in my mind.
I was 100% excited when I started my journey.
So I got myself ready and went to the roadside to get a taxi. But unfortunately, there was no taxi, in fact, no van, no rickshaw, no tempo or anything at all. There was no sign of public vehicles.
10 % of my excitement turned into boredom.
After ten entire minutes, a magic van showed up to calm my mind. But I realized that it was my unlucky day as I saw the van was full of the passengers. With much difficulty, I got into the van. It took 10 minutes to reach the bus-park. I bought a bus ticket to go to Bardibas. When I went near the bus, I realized that I was the first person to buy a ticket for that bus. It took 2 WHOLE hours to the whole seat to be occupied by the passenger.
My excitement reduced to 50 % when I had to wait for 2 boring hours.
Only after 2 hours, we started our journey. The journey was fun until, unfortunately, our bus tire had to be punctured when we reached near Gaur of Rautahat district of Narayani zone. And finally, I reached Bardibas with a little excitement and more frustration and boredom.


It's just one example that life is not as easy as we think it is. There are so my journies in life, and they are full of surprises. So I was tired of trying to achieve success, and I was almost going to give up in life, and I was looking for some ways to achieve success.
But just last week I bought this book named 'ONE NIGHT @ THE CALL CENTER' by Chetan Bhagat,  and now I got what I desperately looking for. I felt like I got the blessings from god the time I finished reading this novel.
Front Cover of the Fiction One Night @ The Call Center

Chetan Bhagat is very talented Indian writer. I like every other book that he wrote. This one inspired me very much.
This book is about six people working in a call center, set in one night. And that one night changed their lives. They are all ordinary people with whom extraordinary things happened. This is about the night when they got a phone call from God.
They all had a messed up life. Shyam has lost his self-confidence after being dumped by the girl who worked together with him. Priyanka’s domineering mother has arranged for her daughter’s upscale marriage to an Indian man in Seattle and forced her to marry him within a month. Esha wants to be a model but rejected because she is short which hurts her a lot. Lost and dissatisfied Vroom has high ideals, but compromises to do things that he hates most. Traditional type Radhika has just found out that her husband is sleeping with some other girl. And Military Uncle has ignored by her son and daughter-in-law and sits alone working the online chat.
Three-Fourth of the book goes at a good pace describing the lives of the 6 people . Apart from the problems with the callers, they also had a terrible boss – Bakshi.
When they were returning from the lounge bar, Bed, to their office, they ended up landing the Qualis in the foundation hole of a building. And they were about to die, there they got a phone call from god. What God said was the main part of this novel.
God called them to teach them a lesson of successful life.

"There are four things a person needs for success. I will tell you the two obvious ones first. One, a medium amount of intelligence, and two, a bit of imagination....."
"Self-confidence. The third thing you need for success is self-confidence...."
[ch 30, page 207]
"The fourth ingredient is the most painful one. And it is something all of you still need to learn. Because it is often the most important thing,"
"Failure,"
"...to be successful, you must face failure. You have to experience it, feel it, taste it, suffer it. Only then you can shine,"
"For once, you taste failure, you have no fear. You can take risks more easily. Then you don't want to snuggle in your comfort zone anymore-you are ready to fly. And success if about flying, not snuggling,"
[ch 30. page 208]

I wanna tell you one personal thing about me that I have always afraid of failure in my life. Whenever I tried to do something this one question in my head always stopped me "What if I fail?".
These words that God said really inspired me. Then I acknowledged the ingredients of success. Now I know what I really need to be a successful person. From now on I will face every failure and ask "What next?"
Now I've got the courage to do whatever I want to do because I know God is always with me.

Thank You, Mr. Chetan Bhagat, for this beautiful and inspiring Novel.
Chetan Bhagat, the author of this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment